April 8, 2011

New Blog Friday!*

Aly over at Infertility Overachievers was OH SO KIND as will be featuring me as her New Blog Friday Feature today! Hooray! Thanks, Aly!

If you are here through that site, THANK YOU for coming to check me out!

While this little blog is relatively new, I am not new to the blogging community at all. I wrote for several years at MyArmyWifeLife.com [which has now been deleted] and had quite a large following over there.  However, too many people I knew in real life knew about it & when my husband & I jumped on the infertility bandwagon, I wasn't comfortable sharing things like sperm count & clomid mood swings with people that had known me since I was a baby.

I also felt like my focus over there was so much Army Army Army, that the transition to what was now most important in my life wasn't working very well. The things I wanted to incorporate weren't flowing. So, that was why I began this blog. Without telling anyone! [Well, save for a few very special people!]

I blog about a lot of things here, and there really is no rhyme or reason to what I have to say. But, I try to make things a tad bit useful & when it comes to the infertility show, I hope that other women out there can relate to what I am going through. This process is hard enough on your own -- I can't imagine doing this without the amazing support group that I have found through the blogging & twitter community!

So welcome. Follow. Enjoy. And thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Howdy! Found you through Ali's post. I like your blog! Sorry you're facing the big nasty IF, but at least you aren't alone. We fought it for over three years before we moved on to adoption, where we waited another three years before we were finally blessed with Aidan. I hope that your journey has a happy ending sooner than later and I look forward to reading along!

Amber

Amber said...

Bah, I meant Aly. My apologies!

Brittany said...

Thanks Amber! :)

Cupcakes and Combat Boots said...

I found you through Aly's blog and immediately felt a connection to you after reading your story. My husband is also active-duty Army and we are also battling infertility (though I haven't "come out" publicly about it yet). I am now on my second cycle of Clomid + IUI so we'll see how it turns out! I wish you all the best in your journey and hope that you get your baby very soon! I'll be reading your blog to stay in touch. :)

Brittany said...

Thanks lady! I look forward to yours as well. Thanks for following & I'm sending lots of baby dust your way! :)

Jessa said...

I already knew you were feature material. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey, I headed on over when I saw you all were at Bragg too :) I look forward to checking out your blog!