December 6, 2010

Life

My head has been spinning lately in trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with my life. Things have gotten so bad at work, that going in every day has been completely unbearable. My photography business is doing so well, considering I've never done an ad or anything. Everything so far has been word of mouth. I'm curious as to how I would do if I actually started fishing for business.

There is a very large part of me that wants to take the plunge and just do it. However, right before Christmas, and a month before a big trip back to Seattle isn't really the time. I'm trying to last until March -- which is when I get my big fat bonus from work. I very well may just say adios after that, and pimp out my photo skills in the mean time until then.

In other news, I start my fertility stuff next week [hopefully]. Assuming that I am not pregnant [and I'm pretty damn sure I'm not] I go in for my first HSG test. I'm slightly nervous, just because I'm heard it's not exactly comfortable. I was supposed to have this test done prior to this last cycle, but thank to an eff up by my doctor, it didn't happen. Assuming that everything comes back nice & clear, my doctor has informed me that I should be able to start my first round of chlomid pretty much immediately. Hip hip hooray! God I hope I'm not the next Kate + 8.

I am, however, so happy to be starting this process. My husband & I have been trying for damn near three years to get pregnant. Having hope again feels good. I just hope it lasts.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I totally went through a mid-life crisis at 31, quick my big secure job, moved to the city, started a business, went on a drinking binge, started a somewhat different career path. It was quite rocky and many a mistake was made, but I am so glad I shook things up. I really believe we change our career paths multiple times throughout our lives. Our parents may have stuck with one path their lives, but for our generation there are many. Quitting was incredibly hard for me, 8 years in the only real job I had ever had. I was scarred shitless, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Wait for your bonus and bolt!