December 20, 2010

Christmas in NC

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I love sitting on the couch, bundled under blankets and furbabies, husband by my side with a fire going in the fireplace.

I love the tree, and the decorations, and always end up going through Christmas decoration withdrawls after I take everything down.

This year, Marshall & I opted to stay here in North Carolina for the holidays. It is the first time that we haven't travelled somewhere for Christmas since we have been married and honestly, I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't had a chance to set our own traditions, or do our own things. So this year will be a first for us.

The gifts are also something that are sort of new to us. We have always given each other one gift, but because we are not travelling anywhere this year, we are financially able to do a little more for one another. Which means the Christmas tree is looking very full underneath!

I don't really know what we are going to do on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day for that matter. But I do know that it will be very relaxing, with lots of wine, Christmas music, and I'm pretty sure I will stay in my sweats all day. :)

How about you? What are your plans for this weekend?

No comments: