December 27, 2010

Snow*


We got a TON of snow here in NC on Sunday, about 8 inches -- by far the most snow that I've ever seen in the five years we have been living here. As a Pacific Northwesterner, and a former resident of Colorado, I always love when we get a real winter around here.

Because neither myself or my husband are afraid of a little snow, we decided to bundle up and head out. Typically, I would avoid exchanging any Christmas gifts the day after, but in this town the minor threat of snow is enough to shut everything down. We had a couple of things we needed to return, so we took to the streets. It was perfect.

Sadly, most of the snow has melted, and only a few piles remain with no more in the forecast anytime soon.

I have this entire week off of work, which has been glorious. Sadly, I'm using my free time to do things like clean out my closet and the pantry. Things that desperately need to be done, but that I have not had the time TO do due to my insane work schedule. But in a weird way, I am sort of enjoying the purging that is happening in our house!

We have WAY too much stuff!

But mostly, I'm just enjoying the time off. And the cold weather. The south really isn't a place for me -- too hot. I'm not a fan. So when we do get a wintery blast, I LOVE love love it!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

April said...

wow you have a beautiful blog! and i love this picture :)

thanks so much for linking up with the military monday blog hop! i hope you can come back next week!

best,
april

www.marineparents-blog.com