October 3, 2012

Crawling*

Well, it's official.

My kid is mobile.

We had been preparing for this day for a few weeks now. Lucas had been able to get up on his hands and knees for some time & had mastered the art of rocking pretty well. Eventually he got to the point where he figured out that in order to go forward, he needed to figure out what to do with his hands. Mostly, this resulted in him plopping down on his belly in frustration when it didn't work.

But this past weekend, at six months & one week, he figured it out.

Witness [and PLEASE ignore the heinous cackle that comes from my mouth at the end]:




And now he is on the move. The other night, he was doing laps around the nursery, chasing my mom on FaceTime. There is nothing half-way with this child. When he figures it out, he goes and doesn't stop! Needless to say, I will be spending this weekend baby-proofing the house to the best of our ability!

2 comments:

Jenny D. said...

Your laugh makes me smile. It's the laugh of a proud mama!

And you say there is nothing half-way with Lucas? Same with Campbell. And to that I say- good luck and have fun!

Wife of a Sailor said...

Awesome! So excited for you!