September 21, 2011

ICLW #2*

Welcome, ICLW'ers! This is the second time I have participated in ICLW & I am trying to become better about posting & linking every month :) So if you are here because of that, than WELCOME!

If you want a quick snap shot of who I am, then feel free to go to my first ICLW post. You can, of course, always check out the "About Brittany" section up top as well.

Things here are pretty calm in the Boho household. Friday marks 16 weeks in the pregnancy, and while we still feel it's a little early to get too excited about the nursery and registering for gifts, I definitely don't want to be that person that is still putting the nursery together when kid boho is three months old. Ideally, I would like to have it completed & good to go WELL before the wee one gets here. This is my OCD taking over.

With that said, we've started researching some of the larger items that will be needed and figuring out a budget for what we want vs. what we can afford. We know the likelihood of family & friends getting us things is possible, but we don't want to rely or EXPECT any of these things. So it's important to us that we know what we are getting ourselves into. The registry has been created, but only because we decided on a stroller/car seat. That's the only thing on the list at this time!

My laziness is getting better, as in I'm not being as lazy as I was during the first trimester, but I still definitely have days where all I want to do is go home from work and watch reruns on tv.

I am also SO excited that the cooler weather is ALMOST here. While the weather is still in the low 80's here it is a very welcome break from the months of 100 degree days that we had. I know this isn't "cool" to many people, but it means that those 60 degree days are right around the corner. I might actually try to decorate for fall this year, but we will see. Again, with the motivation. It's lacking.

Thanks for checking out my blog ... feel free to browse & please come back!

8 comments:

Noemi said...

Hi! I'm here from ICLW. Congrats on your pregnancy! I just wanted to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfits you posted in the previous post! Where is that gorgeous sweater from??

jjiraffe said...

Happy ICLW! Congrats on your pregnancy :)

Just wanted to drop by and say that your blog is really pretty :)

ICLW #76

Julie said...

Hello from ICLW!

Hmm, I'm starting to think I should have done an "all about me" post as well. You and everyone else in the blogosphere did it... probably would have been a good idea. Oops. ;)

16 weeks... I remember that! Two weeks before the Big Ultrasound, which I was desperately counting down the minutes to. Are you going to find out the gender of your baby?

Brittany said...

@Noemi ... no clue where that sweater is from, but I'm trying to do some research. I found these style on already created boards on Pinterest :)

@jjiraffe ... thank you!

@Julie Anita ... nope! We are keeping the gender a surprise! Having gone through infertility treatment for so long, we want to have one moment that's not planned out and out there for everyone to know! One surprise!

N said...

Hello! Saw your comment and had to stop by to meet you as well. I was definitely primed to start getting things done for the nursery around the same time. But I am totally ocd...and I pretty much went crazy and made/refinished/etc almost everything in the nursery. Craigslist is the best....if you don;t mind used shit (re-written: if you want to keep as much of your money as possible). We got a $600 crib for $130. And a glider with footstool for $40. But I am the queen of "find a cheaper way to do things". I think I posted about our nursery.....somewhere in that mass of crazy that is my blog. Anyway. I am excited to start reading all about you!

Brittany said...

Natalie -- awesome! yeah there are a couple of things I want new, but everything else can totally be used. I'm not picky and totally willing to repaint, refinish, recover ... whatever!! I will look for your nursery blogs!

St Elsewhere said...

Wow, I love your blog....pleasant colours, not cluttered and artsy!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Enjoy!

You take great pics, btw!


iclw #39

Anonymous said...

Hi from ICLW. Congrats! Very exciting. I hope that this pregnancy goes easily and quickly!