July 21, 2011

ICLW!*

Hello fellow ICLW's! I am brand spanking new at this, but thought I would join this month! I am looking forward to reading through all the other blogs and making sure to leave lots and lots of comments :)

So, here's the skinny. My name is Brittany. I am wife to an amazing husband and mom to three fur-pups that we love very much. I am passionate, creative and not at all motivated but I try to live my life as exciting as I can. I am also an Army Wife, and we have been at our current duty station for almost six years.

Both my husband and I are transplants from the Pacific Northwest. We are hippies are heart in every way possible, and aren't afraid to show it. We love music, art and a really good cup of coffee. I am extremely passionate about photography, and I get fired up about politics. I am as much of a bleeding liberal as you can get. I graduated from the University of Denver with my masters degree in Public Relations, and my dream someday is to run a non-profit organization. Currently I work full time doing marketing related stuff in a job I used to love, but love no more. I'm pursuing more creative outlets. I also love to cook and need to be better about posting my recipes here.

My husband and I started trying to have a baby almost four years ago. I have had one miscarriage (possibly a second one, but no confirmation on that for sure) but we recently found out that I am pregnant via IUI. We were shocked, and to this day I remain nervous and scared shitless that something is going to happen, but every day I try to remind myself that nothing has happened yet, and that being positive is the name of the game. I'm not comfortable talking about it quite yet with people in real life, but every once in a while I'll throw out some tidbits about how I'm feeling/doing either here or on twitter.

This is my blog. Welcome. I don't post near as often as I would like, but I hope to do more soon. Thanks for stopping by. :) Please make sure you follow me .... you can do so by clicking the fancy little google reader button on the right!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. It is so hard to not be nervous all the time, I'm in the same boat- trying not to worry but not always succeeding.

luckyme said...

Congratulations. It feels impossible sometimes not to worry after a difficult journey to conceive. I'm in the same boat too. Wonderful photographs. I love art too, painting especially.
ICLW #117

Tina said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I think I spent most of my pregnancy worrying about my baby...and the first real sigh of relief came after I saw him outside of my body! :)

Happy ICLW!

iclw #101

Kelly said...

Stopping by fro ICLW...

Congratulations on your BFP! I hope that this is the super sticky bean that you deserve!

I'm looking forward to following your journey and liked reading your intro. Sounds like we have a bunch in common (bleeding liberal and all!)

Kristin said...

Welcome to ICLW and a HUGE congrats on your pregnancy. Pregnancy after a loss can be so emotionally trying. You have my thoughts and prayers with you.

ICLW #13

Kristen said...

Congrats on your pregnancy...that is awesome! Sorry it's been a long road for you. Hope all continues to go well...

C said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I'm a transplant from the Pacific Northwest, too. I miss it so much!

Wishing you the best with everything!

ICLW #5

Anonymous said...

Hi stopping by from ICLW. Good luck to you in this pregnancy. I know how stressful the past can be on a current pregnancy and I wish I had some words of wisdom to pass on but alas I don't. Just hang in there.

Jo said...

Congratulations!

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Hello from ICLW wishing you all the very best in your pregnancy!! congrats to you and your hubby! :)

michelle said...

I'm new to ICLW this month too. Congrats on getting knocked up via IUI. We got a couple of things in common, I'm 9 weeks (altho w/twins), I'm from Seattle and I got my MBA from DU. Good luck with your US on Thurs!

JustHeather said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
Welcome to ICLW. I tried it for the first time a few months ago and really like it. This community is great.
I'm also a Pacific Northwest transplant. I sure do miss the ocean.