December 30, 2010

Breakfast Salad*

In my attempt to eat better, and start early on that New Years resolution of losing weight [while also making myself more healthy for the baby making thing!] I've been trying a lot of new recipes. Through Pinterest, I stumbled upon this lovely dish:

Apartment Therapy is one of my favorite sites to visit, and they also have some wonderful recipes. This one was no exception and I just happened to have everything needed to make it hanging out in the fridge.

This was incredibly easy to make, and you could adjust to what you have in your fridge. But I threw some sliced avocado, sliced tomato wedges. some fresh basil (or whatever herbs you happen to have in your fridge), a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a poached egg on top and some salt and pepper for seasoning. All in all, it took about five minutes to make.

I love poached eggs, but don't eat them very often. I also l.o.v.e. avocado and have been trying to eat more tomatoes as of late. So this was a perfect breakfast salad that kept me nice and full! Enjoy!

No comments: