February 12, 2013

First Birthday Prep*

It's hard to believe that in just a few short weeks, my little guy will be celebrating his first birthday.

I mean, really hard to believe.

So hard, in fact, that I get choked up from time to time thinking about the fact that we are getting ready to embark on this celebrating. I won't talk too much about it, because I want to save all of it for his one year post, but in the mean time, it's safe to say that we have started planning for the festivities!

I have been to some pretty extravagant first birthday parties before, but I promise we are not going that route. For starters, we don't have a ton of room in our tiny home! But also, we want to keep it as simple as possible with close friends. A small, quaint gathering for some yummy food, beverages & celebrating the awesome kid that we have had the joy of getting to know this past year!

When we originally started talking about his first birthday, we wanted to do a Star Wars theme. Because, well, his name is Lucas. And it would have been cool. But I'm picky & I couldn't find the type of decorations I wanted, so we scrapped that. And instead, we are going with a Mustache Bash! I thought it would be fun and of course, Pinterest had a ton of great ideas. Most of the actual links were broken (so if you know where any of these came from, let me know so I can give proper credit) except for this one, but we are definitely getting on the ball with making this as adorable as possible. I can't wait for the big day!


2 comments:

Julie, Wife of a Soldier said...

What a super cute theme!

We have always done 1st birthdays at home with some snacky food, a cake and friends and family.

Lauren said...

So excited for L's birthday party. Knowing you, it'll be amazing!