September 11, 2012

Changes*

As you can see, things look a little different around here. And I have to admit -- I am liking it :)

The always and amazingly talented Shay Bocks whipped up a new design for me. She did my original layout back when she was just getting started so I was thrilled to work with her again on this new design. I think she captured ME perfectly and I am loving the way things are looking. If you are in need of some blog designs, I highly recommend her.

Aside from the look, you might notice a lot of other changes, too. While my little blog started off as a way for me to vent about our infertility struggles, we are not at that point in our lives anymore and things have definitely taken a turn for more family related posts. Infertility is still a huge part of who I am, who WE are, and is not something that I will ever forget or ignore. I still am very much involved in the community and have many close friends who still struggled with this disease every day of their lives. I still very much hope to be a voice for those people when it's right and when it's needed. But, I also need to be true to what we are going through in our current lives, and this is a way to do it.

You'll notice some labels over there on the right. I would love for this site to become a resource for new moms (or just moms in general who have questions!) I have some posts scheduled in the coming weeks in regards to cloth diapering, from my perspective as a pocket diaper user, and from friends who use prefolds and all in ones. My goal is to share what we have learned about all things baby in multiple aspects, but also continue to publish recipes and my photography. A little hodge podge of sorts.

You'll also notice up at the top that I am also open to submissions! Do you have something to share? A product? Are you a photographer that takes amazing photos? A crafty mom that has some wonderful craft products? I want you. And I want you to share your goodness with my readers.

I still have some work to do to get this place to 100% but I am working diligently to make sure that everything is where I want it to be and that this place will be as much of a resource for you as it will be for me! I am so excited about the direction that I am planning on taking this, so please bear with me as I continue to to make some more changes. The bulk of it is done (yay Shay!) but I have a few little odds and ends things that might pop up here and there.

But I hope you stick around and share the love. I can't wait for things to come.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your site looks awesome! And I look forward to the resources you will bring. :)