January 25, 2012

Wine & Painting Class*

Hello! If you're here from ICLW, see my lame attempt at this month's ICLW post here. Thanks for stopping by & I hope you stick around!

Recently, a new art studio opened up here in town. As an avid art lover & someone who enjoys painting, drawing, photography & all things creative, I have always been bummed by the lack of art classes this town offers. Growing up in the Northwest, art was something that was engrained in my life from early on and an important part of growing up [for me, at least]. Any chance I had to take an art class of some kind, I did. And while I have all the supplies I need at my home, it's always nice to get out and do a class with other folks to branch out. Unfortunately, that had been somewhat non-existent to this point.

The new studio is literally called "Wine, Paint & Canvas." You bring your own wine [or, sparkling cider in my case right now] and they give you all the supplies you need as well as teach you how to do a painting. You sign up for the specific piece you want to do & everyone does the same thing. At the end you walk way with a beautiful masterpiece done by you! The painting are fairly simple & definitely focuses on beginner techniques, but a couple girlfriends & I thought we would try it out. All in all, we had a blast!


The class lasted a little over two hours and was PACKED. We had a great time just sitting & talking, while also checking each others paintings out. The girls did AWESOME & I was so proud of them! Painting can be difficult for beginners and I thought the other three did such a lovely job!

 

All in all, I THINK everyone had a really great time! It was nice to get out with the girls for a couple of hours and just relax, while also doing something semi-productive [and working towards that goal of mine to be more artistic this year!] I think we are all definitely planning on going back in the future, and the darling husband has even expressed going on a date night together post-baby. I foresee myself spending a lot of time here in the future for a quick, easy art class.

Check out everyone's finished product: 


2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

That looks like fun! We have a place like that here too.

Brittany said...

Julie, it was a blast! We had a really good time :) You should definitely go check out the place by you!