January 5, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Week One*

Here we go folks! The first every Pinterest Challenge! Below is the link up for this week. Bear with me, as I'm using this program for the first time, so here's hoping it works! If you are new to all of this [as we all are!] you can find all the rules and specifications here, or by clicking the "Pinterest Challenge" link up in the tool bar!

This week, to get things started, we asked you to just show us your favorite Pinterest find that you've written about in the past! A recipe. A craft project. A homemade good. Anything!

Since most of the things I've found on Pinterest [ok, the only things I've actually made from Pinterest] are recipes, I thought I would share one of my favorites. I found this recipe a while back and it definitely made for a great dinner. I have no doubt in my mind that you will think it's tasty. I regularly use a little cheese in my turkey burgers [so not a big jump, plus feta ... nom.] & who doesn't love avocado?? I foresee these being a new alternative to the normal way I make them.



Feta-Avocado Turkey Burger Pitas

For the turkey burgers:

1 lb ground turkey burger
1 avocado, diced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
3 tbs bread crumbs
3 tbs diced green onion
salt and pepper

Served with: 
1 pkg whole wheat pitas 
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 head of lettuce, separated

Spicy Mayo
1/3 cup light Mayo
1-2 tsp cumin (depending on how strong you like it)

1. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients together, mixing with your hands until evenly incorporated.  Shape into 6 patties.  Season both sides with salt and pepper. 

2. Lightly brush each side of the patties with extra virgin olive oil.  Place patties on the grill (high heat), cooking about 6 minutes each side until cooked through.  

3.  Spread some of the spicy mayo in each pita pocket and place a turkey burger in each.  Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.   

So there you go, friends! What do you have?! I can't wait to see any submissions that come in this week. Be sure to share this challenge with all your friends!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! SO FUN! Thanks for doing this Britt!

Brittany said...

Yay! Thanks for joining :)