March 26, 2013

Mustache Bash!

Little man turned ONE last week, and this past Saturday we had all of our closest friends over to help us celebrate! My sister, Aimie, flew in from Seattle and spent the weekend with us, which was GREAT! I adore her and it's always nice to spend time with her. Plus, she was a GEM helping me get ready for the party on Saturday!

We went a little overboard, but we sort of looked at it this way -- with our impending PCS, this may be the last time we have all of our closest friends in one place with us. So many of us are going in different directions in the coming months, so it was nice to have those that matter the most to us in one place. 

We went with a MUSTACHE BASH theme! It seemed appropriately silly & it really was a hit. Guests were provided with some fake mustaches to wear, and I'm pretty sure seeing all the little babies with these on their faces was the highlight for many!


Most of these decorations came from Three Little Monkey's Studio on Etsy. There were SO MANY other things in the package I received that we didn't even print off. Photo props. Thank you cards. Name tags for the food. All so adorable.

The little popcorn bags, the mustache straws and the stick on mustache's themselves all came from our local Party City. We kept the food pretty simple -- popcorn & hot dogs for the kiddos, hamburgers, turkey burgers, pasta salad, a green salad and lots of chips. Cupcakes were ordered from our local grocery store & we bought an over-sized cupcake for Lucas's cake smash. All in all, I think the party was a SUCCESS! We had so much fun & the kids were all so well behaved (trust me -- there were a ton of them!)

It does make me think I'll have to step it up for next year! Guess I should start working on theme ideas now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Glad it was such a great day! Hope he slept well after ;-)

Lauren said...

Such a fun party! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. Guess I'll just have to come to GA for his second :)