January 21, 2013

Meal Planning Mondays*


One of my goals to help with my weight loss during this year was to be better about preparing meals. Working full time, it's typically 7:30 or so at night before I get a chance to make dinner for M & I, and even then, it was something typically whipped together that wasn't as healthy as it could have been. 

So I found a meal planning template on Pinterest (really ... life before Pinterest? I don't even remember), printed out 52 copies of it and threw it into a binder. It works perfectly for me because it includes a shopping list for each week that I can work on as I plan, tear off and I'm ready to go for the week. 

The main focus is dinners. My lunches & breakfast I am still working on, as well as fitting in some healthy snacks during they day. Recently, my breakfast has consisted of a hard boiled egg or two, or some oatmeal with fruit & nuts. Lunch varies but I am trying to be consistent with salads with some sort of protein (chicken or tuna). The first two weeks of working out resulted in zero weight loss, which, as I am sure you can imagine, was incredibly frustrating. So I am going to be more diligent about counting my calories and tweaking things until I find what works. 

I figured I would start sharing what is on our meal plan for the week. I have found quite a few great sites for low calorie but SERIOUSLY YUMMY recipes. They are definitely worth sharing! So here we go: 

Sunday, January 20th: Bunless Turkey Burger on salad.  
Monday, January 21st: Crock Pot Italian Sloppy Joes
Tuesday, January 22nd: Leftovers! (Gym night -- too tired to cook when I get home!) 
Wednesday, January 23rd: Chicken Basil Meatloaf & black beans
Thursday, January 24th: Leftovers! (Gym night!)
Friday, January 25th: Baked Chicken Parm over spaghetti squash & side salad
Saturday, January 26th: California Turkey Chili (this is a recipe from a cookbook I have. SO GOOD)

My plan is on Mondays to share a couple photos of new recipes that we tried out, hits, things we loved, things we didn't, etc. Just another way to keep me accountable!!! 

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Good on you! Here are some of my faves you might want to try (quick and/or healthy):

Baked Dijon Salmon (so quick and yummy): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-dijon-salmon/detail.aspx

Southwestern Eggrolls (bake instead of fry for healthier, still very tasty option - can be frozen ahead!): http://joelens.blogspot.com/2010/05/southwestern-eggrolls.html

Rhe Christine said...

good for you girl! I have found that my weight loss goals and my budget benefit when I meal plan!