January 18, 2013

Happy, Healthier, More Positive*


I saw this quote on Pinterest today and it struck a nerve with me. A good nerve, but a nerve none the less! One of the things that has truly bothered me coming into the new year is how much negativity I have in my life. Not just from me, but from others as well. Part of this is my own doing -- I have a tendency to be a pessimist. To think the worst of any situation. To gravitate towards "Negative Nancy" land.

This is really true for my own life -- I love pumping other people up, having hope for them and thinking that only the best possible thing can happen for THEM. I just can't seem to do it for myself. There seems to be a lot of hate & general discord out there lately, and I'm not going to lie -- it's bumming this girl out!

So as well as trying to get healthy this year, I'm also determined to live a more positive, happier life. This means cutting out the negative. The negative things. The negative people. There are a lot of ways that I am trying to do this -- I started to do this towards the end of last year -- and I gotta tell you, it's making me feel better already.

I love life, and I want to live a HAPPY life. True -- bad things happen. Negative things happen. I can't stop it all from entering my world. Last year was a perfect example of that with multiple members of my family developing & battling cancer. Being immersed in the infertility world, it's also hard to ignore the cruel fact that things don't always go the way that we want to go. Trust me -- I hate that.

But it's also good to see the GOOD things that can happen. People coming together to lift up & support one another. To provide hope to those that don't necessarily have it for themselves. To be a positive example for others. I want to be that person. These are the things I want to focus on. My focus is being directed to those individuals & the things that a positive impact in my life. Who make me happy & who make me want to be a better person. Those who inspire me & bring me joy. I don't want to focus on the bad anymore. Not this year. Not while I am trying so hard to become healthier & happier.

I fully realize that this is a completely random post -- but for me, I need to put this out there & vocalize the change that I am trying to make. So keep me accountable, people.  I truly hope to reflect this change here.

Here's to a happier 2013!

No comments: