October 14, 2011

19 Weeks*

I missed a couple of weeks of updates because of what was going on the past few weeks. Traveling and not really having access to the internet [as well as this just not really being a priority!] has meant no baby updates. But, we'll get started again and hopefully we are done with family tragedy for a while!

How Far Along? 19 weeks exactly

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
I'm actually only down 3 pounds now. Yikes. A 7 pound weight gain in a couple of weeks? I should weigh myself again because the truth of the matter is that in the week that we were in Portland, we kind of had to eat out for every. single. meal. I tried to be good, but sometimes those tator tots from McMenamins
[take your pick .. we ate at several!] won me over. I've been eating well again since being home and I'm guessing that half of the weight I gained was because of the intense gas I was having. To much information? Sorry. Grease & I never mix well. A whole week of restaurant food sort of messed me up. We will see where I am next week!

Maternity Clothes?
I love maternity pants. So much. I can now see why so may women swear by them even post-baby.
I am still sticking by this statements. I am essentially wearing the same four or five pairs of pants. Two or three pairs of maternity jeans that I LOVE and two or there pairs of work pants. I am jealous of all these pregnant bloggers that get to rock yoga pants all day. But as soon as I get home at 4:30 every afternoon, that's exactly what gets put on.

Stretch Marks?
No new ones!


Sleep:
Sleep is starting to get rough.
I'm not sure if I've said this before but I am NOT a side sleeper. I am a straight up stomach sleeper. I have been my whole life. And I am suddenly to the point where I just can't do it anymore. I was able to keep doing it for a while, but that is no longer an option. So, sleeping on my side it is. Which plain and simple, sucks.

Best Moment of the Week?
My husband, laying his head on my belly and talking to the baby. I think a lot of this has been surreal for him, but now that I am starting to show, he knows that it's real. Obviously, he did before, too, but I think this is different for him. Every night when we were in Portland, he would talk to the baby.
It was so sweet and so endearing to watch him, and quite funny at other times. Between the extra closeness that developed after he lost his mom & watching this, the love that I have for my husband is stronger than I ever thought possible.

Miss Anything?
Right now, just M. With him still being in Portland, it's rough getting things done on my own. Lame, I know.


Movement:
Nothing yet :(
But I KNOW it's close!!

Food Cravings:
None this week!


Anything Making You Queasy or Sick?
Flying made me queasy. I think that was mostly due to the extreme turbulence, as well as lack of sleep. Red Eyes & pregnancy do NOT mix, people!


Have You Started to Show Yet?
Oh most definitely. I swear I woke up one morning & had "popped." Both M & I have noticed it. I'm definitely bigger on some days more than others but again, I blame the gas. Isn't pregnancy fun? :)


Gender Prediction:
I am sticking with BOY throughout this whole thing!


Labor Signs:
No.


Belly Button In or Out:
In


Wedding Rings On or Off:
On.


Happy or Moody Most of the Time?
I've been moody lately, but only because of everything that's been going on. The emotional highs and lows
of recent events have been rough. And being home alone the past couple of days, which usually I LOVE those opportunities, has been weird. But it is what it is!

Looking Forward To:
Feeling movement!


All in all, all is well. We have our big ultrasound next Wednesday, and I am so excited to see the little nugget for an extended period of time! And for the record, we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby! We made that decision early on in the pregnancy and have vowed to stick with it. The infertility process is a tough one, and everything has been so calculated. There was no mystery to anything ... do this at this time, take this shot at this time, come in at this time and we'll knock you up. Even when I took a pregnancy test, it was more FINALLY! than OH MY GOSH I'M PREGNANT! We want one surprise. One tiny thing to keep to ourselves. And this is it :) Trust me, it will be rough going in next week and saying "no, we don't want to know" but M & are are dedicated to keeping it a surprise. My OCD is having a rough time dealing with this, but it will just have to GET OVER IT! Because I said so.

But hopefully next week's updates will include a belly shot [i know, i know ... promises, promises] as well as some pics of the nugget. Let's hope the nugget cooperates and does what it needs to in order to get everything done! Not that I will complain if I have to go back in for a second one! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so gonna bribe your ultrasound tech so I will now the sex of Baby W ;) I LOVE that you guys are not finding out the sex. With Kendall we had no idea and it made the delivery a little more special. The moment they told us it was a girl there was a change in the hubs...a good change. He was incredibly happy and I think if we would have found out that she was a girl during the ultrasound, I would've seen a little disappointment because he was dying for a boy. I'm glad I didn't see that and got to see the excitement instead!