June 4, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust*

Round three of Femara is officially a bust. I knew it would be. Our timing was way off.

The weekend before our 'peak' time, M found out one of his very good friends from back home had died. That week was a hard week for us, especially for him, and trying to be a good wife I didn't pressure him for anything. I left for another work trip on CD15 and I knew in my heart that we had just not done enough.

But yet, there was still some sting with AF showed up yesterday.

It is what it is. I know that. It still doesn't hurt any less.

Our next step is to move onto IUI. I go in Monday to get my first injections and then we will go from there. Next Thursday or Friday will likely be my first ultrasound and hopefully I am responding well. This is where I have wanted to be all along. I'm sort of angry that three months of my life were wasted when I knew that the pills alone wouldn't work. But I'm glad to finally be at this point and hopefully this upcoming cycle will give us exactly what we want.

My company is being very understanding of this whole situation, as well. My director [my old boss, and my new boss's boss] & I had a wonderful chat last night on our way out. I was scheduled to head back up to another installation late next week, which would have thrown a crimp into the whole IUI thing. Fortunately for me, she was extremely understanding and I will no longer be taking that trip! They are planning to just hire a photographer instead to get the last family that needed to be photographed.

This takes a huge stress off my back!

So hopefully next week goes well. I'm back to having a slight bit of hope. I don't know what I will do if these IUI's don't work. But here's hoping, eh?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear this month wasn't THE month. It's hard not to feel like you've wasted time, that's what I struggle with, too. I mean time we get to spend with our husbands isn't technically wasted but, man, when you're TTC it sure feels that way. Good luck with the IUI!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your IUI. I am keeping you and M in my thoughts. I hope that this happens for you soon.

Love you lady!

Kimmie