June 25, 2011

Chicago*

I'm in Chicago for the weekend for the HOW Graphic Design Conference [woo!]. I just wanted to take this moment to say that I am LOVING being around like-minded people.

Graphic designers are a special breed. My freak flag is usually tucked away when I'm in North Carolina [and ESPECIALLY while I'm at work!] so it's nice being around tattooed, pierced, hair-dyed, art loving people.

I feel at home.

I attended this same conference last year in Denver and came back with so many great ideas that kept me going for some time. But I do miss being around these type of folk. Having individuals around me who are so closed-minded [not EVERYBODY, just the ones that affect my job] and so conservative in their way of living really takes a toll on you after a while. Having to push back on who I really am, and what I really love for 8-10 hours a day basically blows.

So being here with these amazingly talented people with so much love for life and creativity really helps the momentum of going forward.

And it's only day one.

On another note, I have taken some pretty amazing photos so far. I can't wait to share them with you.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Chicago is an AMAZING place to take photos. <3 I could spend an entire week there with my camera and never run out of things to photograph.