July 19, 2010

New York, New York


I am jet-setting this Thursday to New York City; I am meeting my mom for a few days for a quick little mother/daughter rendezvous.

My mom and I have never really taken a trip like this before. She helped me move away to college, and then drove with me to Colorado when I moved down there for grad school. She's even come to visit me here once. But in my 30 years of existence, we've nothing done something FUN & GRAND like this before.

Scratch that. When I was in the 7th grade, she took me to Orlando with her. We were getting ready to move as a family, and she needed to find a home. We went to Disney World, just the two of us. It was fabulous.

But it's been a long ass time since then.

I'm not sure what I'm more excited about: the weekend with my mom, or the weekend in NYC! I think it's a little bit of both. I happen to completely ADORE New York City. The food, the culture, the art, the FASHION! I am looking forward to some great photography and some even better inspiration.

We're planning on hitting up some Broadway plays as well. We scored some tickets to see Kristin Chenowith's [whom. i. love!] Promises, Promises on Sunday afternoon. I'm sure we'll hit up the stand in Times Square to see if we can get a few cheap, last minute tickets as well, but that one was a no-brainer for buying ahead.

Either way, this weekend is going to be Fabulous. FABULOUS! My bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I just need to make it through a couple more days of work, & I will be on my way!

1 comment: