July 16, 2010

Me.

Hi.

The first post of any blog is always sort of awkward. I'm pretty sure this one will not be any less so.

In time, this post will eventually be lost to all the other posts that are sure to follow so I guess it doesn't really matter anyways. Of course, it's never terribly difficult to come back to that first post. And while I would love to be witty and wonderful and clever to, you know, really get things started -- I'm not in the mood today.

My plan, however, is to sort of just be me. I blog in other places, about other things that are relevant to my life. But everybody I know is aware of that place. It hasn't become private for me anymore, and I am not able to fully be myself or say what needs to be said. So this ones a secret. *Shhh .... don't tell anyone.*

No family. No friends. Is it even my real name? Maybe. Maybe not. You'll never know.

The quick version of my life is that I am a born & raised Pacific Northwesterner. If you have never been to the Washington/Oregon coastal region, you must. I am telling you that it is completely, 100% worth every penny that you will spend getting there. I was able to grow up surround by so much culture & art. Unfortunately, it was also something that I took for granted until I moved to this far, far away land known as *gulp* The. South.

A.k.a. Redneck hell. Their idea of "culture" is drinking a better kind of beer. There is no appreciation for art. No appreciation for music. No appreciation for a peaceful lifestyle. I miss home every single day. Trust me when I tell you that I am not here by choice.

My name is Brittany. I am 29 years old. I love life. Feel free to hang with me while I share my passions.

No comments: