July 1, 2011

Big. Fat. Positive.*


So.

I'm pregnant. :)

My IUI was, apparently, a success. I was a little apprehensive about it afterwards because of only having one follicle on the day of the IUI. But apparently it's true ... all you need is one!

Today I am officially four weeks pregnant. We found out on Tuesday night after peeing on a stick that I was indeed knocked up. Wednesday morning I peed on another stick just to confirm and then called my nurse at the RE clinic to share the news. I was surprised that I got a positive test so early. It had only been 11 days past the IUI procedure, so probably about the same past ovulation. Which means I'm growing a pretty strong little bean in there, or I got pregnant before the IUI. Wednesday I had my first beta, which came back at 51.5. Today's beta came back at 103.

We are obviously OVER THE MOON. But this means so many other things, too. We've been trying for three and a half years, and I've only been pregnant one other time. That led to a miscarriage at 10 weeks, which most of you know. With that said, I am nervous. I'm trying to enjoy this moment as much as I can, and just enjoy what we've worked SO hard for. But I can't help but think "Am I going to screw this up? What if this happens again? Will I deal with it better?"

It's crazy to think like that, and it's crazy to not have hope that this will work out. But I'm telling myself every day that what is meant to be is meant to be, and just enjoying every moment that I can. There is so much happiness in our home right now. TODAY I am pregnant. And today it feels pretty damn good. My husband has been amazing these past few days. I'm pretty sure he's the most excited of both of us, and even though I keep telling him to zip it, he keeps spilling the beans to people. It's cute :)

So that's that! I'm very much looking forward to a LONG relaxing weekend. We have no real plans other than to hang out with friends and relax. It will be fabulous. I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July and stays safe!

Holy shit. I'm pregnant.

12 comments:

E and R said...

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!!!! I know what you mean about being worried about having another m/c - that was (and still is) my biggest fear since our BFP.
Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Wife of a Sailor said...

So excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 <3

april marie said...

congrats!!

Jessa said...

OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been reading your blog quite awhile and I am so excited for you!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

loqi said...

I am so amazed at your ability to stay present in the moment right now -- so inspiring to me!

What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and joy to share with your husband over the long weekend. Thanks for sharing with us, too. :) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Sunny said...

BIG.FAT.CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

It's a Dog Tag Wife Life said...

yay! Congratulations, how exciting!?!

Michelle said...

Congrats! Great news!

Brittany said...

Thank you, ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

:) so wonderful yay!