December 28, 2010

Thirty*

I remember sitting down one year ago and thinking about what the last year of my 20's would hold. I had big plans for 2010 and I had an overwhelming feeling that it would be a year of happiness. There are some years that go by so quickly and uneventfully that looking back you can hardly remember one day from the next. 2010 was not that year.

It was a year that changed with the seasons from heartache and disbelief to acceptance, renewal, laughter and hope. There was soul-searching and late night heart-to-hearts with friends (and lots and lots of wine). This wasn’t the year I thought it would be, or the year I planned. I lost my way for a while, only to re-find it months later along with a strength in myself I didn’t even know was there. My journey has not been short or smooth, but I feel so grateful for where I am today.

I made a lot of goals for myself for 2010, and didn't actually accomplish all of them. But, I'm ok with that.

I have one week left of my 20's. Next Tuesday I turn 30, and am so hopeful that 2011 will be our year. But I feel that I am in a much better place now than I was one year ago, both mentally and physically. I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, and even more blessed to have built the relationships that I did this year. I'm ready for the next decade of my life. My 20's were so fabulous to me, and I have so many wonderful memories, but I'm ready for the next stage of my life. I'm ready to be a mom. I'm ready to make some physical changes that need to be made. I'm ready to do whatever I need to do.

Here's to 2011, and the next chapter of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have high hopes for 2011 to be your year! With clear tubes and clomid on the way, your dreams to be a mom and a family are near! Because it WILL happen :) We look forward to celebrating your 30th birthday next weekend! It was a fablous idea to end a decade and start a new one! <3

Brittany said...

Thanks, B :) You're support is a huge part of making this journey easier on us. I couldn't do it without you!!!

Anonymous said...

:-> likewise! I'm glad we're able to help each other!