January 6, 2014

Waiting

Here we are. Still pregnant. 

This past week has been semi-rough. Sleep has become a major issue, as in it's non-existent for the most part. I had, for the most part, had been sleeping well this pregnancy (a nice change from the last one) but this week has been full of restlessness. It makes for long days but it seems no matter what I do, nothing helps. I toss & turn all night, most likely keeping my poor husband awake as well. Sorry babe.

My normally active baby is slowed down quite a bit as well. Not enough to be worried, as I can still get him to move, but for the first time I'm having to do kick counts every day. With my due date just a few days away, it's not at all surprising that things are settling down, but hopefully it means that things will happen on their own.

I was induced with Lucas at 41w4d with him arriving right at 42w, so I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like things should happen a little sooner this time around than they did last. I may be only slightly disappointed that things haven't happened on their own yet, but I know all things will come with time. I'm just not mentally prepared to stay pregnant for another two weeks, even though I need to suck it up and accept that reality. Just in case. My OB and I haven't even discussed a timeline, but I know it's coming at this weeks appointment. So we will see what happens.

I will say that there is some slight relief that as much as I wanted him to come, baby didn't come over Christmas. With us being so far away from family, having somebody here to watch Lucas for us has been difficult to coordinate, especially around the holidays. Most of our close friends have moved in the past year and others were traveling to see their own families. But now that it's January, all of our plans are a little more solid and everybody is back in town. It's a big relief knowing that our little guy will be taken care of by good friends.

With that said -- I have nothing. We wait & we wait. Hopefully next time I update, we will have good news on a happy & healthy delivery!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Hope you some more sleep before baby comes!