December 4, 2012

Eight Months & Thanksgiving*

Exactly on Thanksgiving, my baby turned eight months old.

It was a great day, spent with great friends. I know I'm a little late on this post, but that really seems to be the story of my life this day. Lucas came down with a wicked stomach virus that sort of started Thanksgiving night, and pretty much spawned from there. We've been fighting it ever since and it looks like yesterday was the first truly successful day of no sickness.

I am seriously knocking on wood here, because I don't want to jinx that. At all.

Month seven was pretty awesome. The kid is moving more and more, and I am confident that by the time he is nine months old, he will be walking. WALKING. All he wants to do is move, and crawl, and pull himself up. I'm pretty sure that my little chunky baby is growing up & thinning out as a result of all of his movement. I'm missing his bit fat belly already!



We also said hello to a couple more teeth, which puts us at five now. FIVE. I am constantly amazed at how advanced this kid seems to be. Maybe it's just a mom thing, thinking that my kiddo is pretty much the greatest thing ever (isn't he??!) but I do feel like this kid is growing & learning at such a crazy rate. Every day he does something new that blows me away. He truly is impressive.

As I mentioned, we closed out the month & began the new on on Thanksgiving day. I am so grateful to have an amazing friend in Lauren & we had a blast spending the day in their home. The food was amazing & the company was even better. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Marshall & I really  are lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives & I am in total denial that in just a few months they will be leaving us for bigger & better things.


Shhh. I don't want to talk about it.

The holidays are upon us and I am simply trying to keep up. We are leaving for Seattle in a couple of weeks & I cannot wait to get back to the West Coast & spend some quality time with family.

Happy Holidays!


*photos all courtesy of Lauren over at Not Just An Army Wife. I jacked them without asking. Sorry friend!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi-jack anytime :) Glad we got to spend the holiday with you, Marshall, and Lucas! Hopefully we can do it again next year!