November 15, 2012

Seven Months*

So, my kiddo turned seven months ... uh ... a while ago. October 22nd to be exact and he turns eight months old next week.

Whoops.

I wasn't kidding when I said that this blog had taken a back seat to things going on in our life. We currently have two family members battling cancer -- my Grandpa and my Father-In-Law -- and a very good girlfriend of mine was in a very serious accident at the beginning of October. We have been trying to figure out how best to deal with everything we currently have going on, and what to do to move forward.

So, I sort of stopped writing for the simple reason that I didn't have the energy.

BUT, I want to get the seventh month information down for the simple fact that all of these are going into a book and I don't want to forget. So here we go :)


The seven month milestone was a big one! Lucas started crawling at six months, one week, and by the day of his seven month "birthday," the kid was pulling himself up to thing. PULLING UP. M and I are both completely amazed by how advanced this kid is, and how eager he is to grow up already. I think a large part of this is because he spends his days with another little boy who is bigger and stronger and older (although who only just turned one in August). He wants to be just like Jackson and is doing what he can to keep up. Of course, this is speculation, but his sitter and I are both convinced this is a large part to why he is advancing so quick.

That and he is just a rockstar kid.


We also said hello to tooth number three, which took it's sweet time making it's way down. Top teeth are no joke. Our kid is pretty resilient, and has been a trooper through all of it. The only incidents we really have had were a couple bad nights when I'm guessing the teething pain was pretty uncomfortable, but it hasn't been anything that some tylenol and some good snuggles can't handle before bedtime.

I am constantly amazed at how fast he is growing. I was going back through some old photos from when he was born, and he just continually surprises me. He is changing every single day and I am loving watching his little personality blossom. He is funny, and adorable, and the love of our lives.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry about all the cancer in your family and your friend's accident. But your boy is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

L is so adorable! Love the photos. I know how difficult the cancer situation can be and I'm sending tons of love your way - plus I nominated you for the Leibster Award. Read my blog for further instructions :)