March 2, 2011

Celebrating & A New Toy*

It is currently 5:35. And I am home from work.

In my sweats, with a glass of wine.

This. Never. Happens.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I got home from work this early. My job is somewhat demanding, and I definitely put in more than the normal 40 hours a week. Some days I don't mind, some days its incredibly daunting. But this week they showed their appreciation and rewarded me with a nice, larger than expected raise.

I know money is one of those taboo topics that you aren't supposed to talk about. But damnit, I'm proud of the fact! I work my ass off for my company, and although it definitely has it's down moments [doesn't every job?], I generally LOVE what I do. I strongly dislike some individuals that have influence over me, but I love every other aspect of what I do, and what my company stands for.

So I'm celebrating. Because fat raises are worth celebrating!!!

Part of my reward to myself was a nice, brand new fancy camera! I love photography so much, and enjoy all of the sessions I do. But my little Canon Rebel just wasn't holding up anymore. I love that camera, and will more than likely keep it around. When I was pregnant, my parents gave it to me as a Christmas gift. It's tradition in our family to give your children a new camera when they are expecting. Unfortunately, mine has yet to see our children, so I feel like I need to keep it around so I can at least use it once for the purpose in which it was intended.

However, for all the rest of my photography goodness, I bought this baby and this lens. It will be here tomorrow and I can't. freaking. wait.

This camera will definitely get some use, and will be put to the the test. Because I have total instant gratification issues, I paid for overnight shipping [I mean, after all of that, what's an extra $25??]. Did I say I can't wait??

Which, speaking of photography, TOTAL FAIL on my part on the whole Project 52 thing. Seriously. I have all these photos that I've taken, but I have yet to actually sit down and edit them. I swear, this weekend, I will catch up.

I promise.

No comments: