February 28, 2012

Our Nursery*

Well folks, our Nursery is about as complete as it going to get. With a week and a half left until my due date, I've done all I can until baby comes! I will say that I am very, very happy with how it turned out. While there are still a few things that I want to do after baby arrives [like get some canvas prints of baby photos for above the bookshelves] I think we're at a good stopping point.

When I originally started thinking about the nursery, we both had agreed that since we were not finding out the gender of the baby, that neutral was the way to go. But, we didn't want just any neutral. We wanted neutral with a twist. Something that would easily be adaptable to a boy or a girl, but DIFFERENT than what was out there. We also wanted something simple, that could easily transition post-baby. This meant something completely unique to us. We instantly fell in love with the idea of dark walls & bright colors & this was the mission I had in mind when we set out for decorations. Plus, with this room, we can throw in plenty of pink OR teal to make it more gender specific when the time is right.

I may or may not have also thrown in my obsession with the Dave Matthews Band into the room, as you will see with the concert posters hanging above the dresser. Weird. Yes. But me? 110%. 

We spent so much time in this room. I was so grateful to M for all of his help & hard work putting EVERYTHING together for us, helping with the painting & not screaming at me when I was constantly telling him "it is not CENTER. It needs to be CENTER. Where is the tape measure??" OCD at it's finest, folks.






Nursery Details
Crib: Babi Italia Eastside Lifestyle Crib from Babies R Us.
Mobile: Made by me. Instructions available here.
Hanging Star Light: Purchased at Fireworks in Seattle many, many years ago!
Curtains: Bird Flourish Curtains from Urban Outfitters.
Rug: ZigZag Printed Rug from Urban Outfitters.
Dresser: Bought at a used furniture store here in town & re-purposed. That project is available here. Paint color is "Provence" by Annie Sloan
DMB Wall Art: EBay!
Art Above Crib: An Etsy find, from the Pink Puppy Paper Co! Love these prints so much!
Glider: Target!
Yellow Blanket on Glider: Handmade by one of my Mom's best friends.
DMB Quilt on Glider Footrest: Handmade out of my old DMB concert tshirts by my AMAZING friend, Cortney.
Stuffed Lion: Target!
Giraffe in Crib: A baby shower gift from friends.
Lamb & Bins: Both from Target.

5 comments:

Elphaba said...

Wow, gorgeous!

PCOSChick said...

LOVE it!!! Cannot wait to see your little one it in :)

BreAnna said...

It looks lovely! Great work!

Brittany said...

Thanks, ladies!

AL said...

I love it! awesome!