August 7, 2011

First Ultrasound*

I failed to mention a couple of weeks ago that I had my first ultrasound. And if I was motivated at all, I would have scanned a photo of the little bean to post. But honestly, it doesn't look like much :)

I had my first ulstrasound at 7w6d. We were placed in a room with three other ultrasound machines. All were confirmation ultrasounds. All were before us. While my husband was bouncing on the chair with excitement, I was holding back tears and trying not to cry. All i could think of was that something was wrong. We heard three other couples receive good news. We heard three other sets of heartbeats before Dr. P got to our area. And the whole time, I wanted to cry.

I wish every day that my past miscarriage didn't have such an effect on me. But all that was going through my head was that I needed to prepare myself for the worst. I didn't want to go into the ultrasound happy & elated because I didn't want to get my hopes up.

But fortunately ... everything went well. :) I saw the heartbeat on the screen before Dr. P could mention it and instantly burst into tears. It was so fast! The baby was measuring just two days behind where I was, and Dr. P reassured me this was perfectly normal. Heart beat was 162! So strong! All in all, everything looked perfect and Dr. P let me "graduate" to a normal OB.

I'm 9w2d now, so obviously a little late on this update. But so far, everything is going well!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad everything is going well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

loqi said...

Yay heartbeat! So happy you got wonderful news and that things are looking good. :)

michelle said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats! I'm glad everything is going well!

Beth said...

I'm so happy for your good news and heartbeat! I'm following your journey as I make the same one myself. I am 9-10 weeks pregnant after miscarriage as well. Not many people can understand my paranoia and nervousness about another loss, but I know you do.

Julie Danielle said...

YAY!!!