May 7, 2014

Philadelphia Fertility Project: Survey

I get a lot of spam email, and most of it is just that -- spam. But, yesterday I received an email about an infertility study that was being conducted, and with today being Advocacy Day, I figured it was fitting & I agreed to share it. While our journey has ended, and I don't play a large role in the infertility community anymore, I am happy to pass this information along:

Dear Brittany,

My name is Hannah Sterling. I am writing to introduce myself with regards to a project that I am currently working on as a Masters student in the Psychology Department at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. The Women’s Health Psychology lab is particularly interested in why certain women pursue treatment for problems with fertility, how this process affects them, and how this process may be different for minority women, as they experience infertility at a higher rate, but use treatment much less.

I would be extremely grateful if you could share on your website the brief description of the study below and the link to participate, which I hope will advance our understanding of how women are affected by problems with fertility. The Project is called the Philadelphia Fertility Project. Here is a brief description:

Philadelphia Fertility Project

The purpose of this survey is to learn about the social, mental, and emotional experiences of women with fertility problems. It will take about 10 minutes to complete. Your participation is completely anonymous. Women who are between the ages of 18-45, not currently pregnant, and have difficulty conceiving naturally through unprotected intercourse and/or carrying a pregnancy to term are invited to participate in this study.

In appreciation of your participation, two $100 donations have been made to the American Fertility Association and Resolve: The National Infertility Association by the research team to thank you for sharing your experiences and to benefit others who struggle with fertility problems. If you have any questions about this study, you may contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Pamela Geller, Ph.D., or the research coordinator, Mona Elgohail, at 215-553-7121

Click on this anonymous survey link to participate:
http://tinyurl.com/PhillyFertility

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many fertility studies advertised here in Philly, it's crazy. I'm surprised they are reaching out nationwide to recruit. :)